- 01.http://www.davescottmorgan.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/theWheel07-LR.mp3The WheelMorganisationDave Scott-Morgan4:00s67audio/mpeg80
- 02.http://www.davescottmorgan.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/LongTime23-LR.mp3Long Time ComingMorganisationDave Scott-Morgan3:46s63audio/mpeg80
- 03.http://www.davescottmorgan.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/tanya15-LR.mp3TanyaMorganisationDave Scott-Morgan4:17s44audio/mpeg80
- 04.http://www.davescottmorgan.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/RedRose5e.mp3Red RoseMorganisationDave Scott-Morgan3:07s52audio/mpeg80
- 05.http://www.davescottmorgan.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/timeOfTheTiger18a-LR.mp3Time of the TigerMorganisationDave Scott-Morgan3:09s64audio/mpeg80
- 06.http://www.davescottmorgan.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/cindy33-LR.mp3Cindy's PlaceMorganisationDave Scott-Morgan3:48s65audio/mpeg80
- 07.http://www.davescottmorgan.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/GatesOfEternity23-LR.mp3Gates of EternityMorganisationDave Scott-Morgan804:02s23audio/mpeg
- 08.http://www.davescottmorgan.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/dontLeaveMeNow09-LR.mp3Don't Leave me NowMorganisationDave Scott-Morgan4:40s68audio/mpeg80
There are seven deadly sins, seven wonders and seven virtues, seven hills of Rome, seven colours of the rainbow, seven notes in a scale (and seven inches on an old 45rpm record). There are seven days in a week, seven seas, seven continents and I am told, seven mountains of society to climb.
As numbers go, seven has a wicked pedigree and I felt my album had to be seven ‘something’. For a while it was seven sides but then I thought, seven sides of what? – seven sides of me! No, let’s get real – it’s my seventh CD – seven songs (plus a bonus track!). Most of them are brand new but some have been in the slow cooker for a while. So here we go – One – Two – Three – Four -– Seven!
And to all our fans and encouragers, thank you and Happy listening! Dave
A new album recorded by Morganisation in 2017
Things can always be better but things can also be much worse. Things are the things that you can’t see because the wheel is spinning too quick. But when it stops you can see those things are the spokes which have been holding it together all the time.
Long Time Coming
That train just keeps on rolling and never seems to reach the destination promised on the ticket. But never mind, the view is fantastic. As well as Alex Lowe, I can hear Mark Jago’s guitar playing here.
A song of Russia; opening with a Russian proverb: ‘We are a dark people’. Originally written about a real person – a girl with the code name ‘Tanya’ (real name Tamara Bunke). She was a revolutionary and lover of Che Guevara who died like him, in Bolivia in the 60s. “Will my name one day be forgotten and nothing of me remain on the Earth?” she wrote in a poem. Extra guitar parts are by Martin Smith.
I used to share a house with Bob & Megan back in the day… We met recently at a pub gig out in the country: ‘Get up and sing Red Rose’ Bob said. ‘Red what?’ I asked. I had clean forgotten all about this tune along with the situation that called it forth. So thanks Bob, and here it is: Refurbished, painted and decorated by Morganisation, and included in live shows circa 2017.
Time of the Tiger
Using the melancholy of the slow blues, here I spill my feelings about the Islamic outrages that fester like open wounds on the the age we live in. But where can you go with such a grievous issue? ‘Time of the Tiger’ features pianist Fitzroy Storrod with guitar overdubs by Martin Smith and Alex Lowe.
It’s a good job we had a four by four. That mountain was steep, but when we finally got there it was paradise on steroids. Cindy was in charge of everything and that’s why it’s called Cindy’s Place. She was a ball of pure energy, a whirlpool around which everything rotated while I became a piece of flotsam floating by with a bewildered look. ‘So here we are in Eden’ I thought. Dee found a guitar and started playing it. The sun went down, the stars went up and this tune just arose out of the comedy of it all, while Cindy, effervescent and translucent, hovered weightless above us.
The Gates of Eternity
Am I dreaming or what? It’s as high as the cloud tops and as wide as the universe. I can’t get over it or around it. I can’t open it. I can’t close it. All I can do is sail helplessly toward it, listening to the chatter of the folk going by. ‘You’re right, it’s terrible. Somebody should have told us about it. It’s just not fair. Why was it kept secret? And why are they all looking at me?’